P3 digital services was happy to attend this year Droidcon Bucharest 2013, a 2 day conference for Android enthusiasts from Eastern Europe and the rest of the world. The second edition gathered around 160 participants from all around the globe. Let’s see bellow what impressed us:
- Bogdan Stefan from Intel brought to our attention some interesting tools including vTune Aplifier and Yocto Project.
- Alexandru Iovanovici had a great presentation on M2M and Smart Home appliance.
- Our colleagues presented “Efficient REST client applications on Android” (see the presentation bellow).
- Sylvain Galand from Genymobile has a great session on “Hack and protect your app”.
- Tim Messerschmidt, Developer Evangelist from PayPal did a live coding session on a payment app.
- Philipp Kandal from Skobbler had a great presentation on how to boost your app sales.
- AMA did a live demo with Google Glasses and the first app they develop against the SDK.
- Stefan Hoth did an “Introduction with Gradle and Android Studio”.
- The last conference day was closed by Marius Mailat, CTO Appsrise and co-founder P3 digital services with the workshop “How secure is your Android app?” , an insight in how safe are the romanian banking apps you use daily. Bu hu hu.
We loved the networking and the openness of this year Droidcon, we loved the food in Bucharest and we would like to see next year an even bigger conference event.